1.25" Black - Hermann Oak - Missouri Leather Belt
Leather Belt Size Chart
Shawl Cuff Size Chart
Please select all options.
This is the slim version of the "Missouri Belt". The raw cowhide is tanned on the Saint Louis Mississippi riverfront by Hermann Oak (one of the oldest tanneries in the United States). Hermann Oak has been tanning leather in St. Louis, MO since the 1800s. They originally set up shop to supply harness leather to the wagon trains following the Lewis and Clark trails. They are still there, still family owned, and still making the strongest leather. For this belt, after tanning the leather is then trimmed and distributed by Springfield Leather Co in Springfield, MO. And finally, the belt strap is cut/finished/assembled by Noble Buffalo back in Saint Louis.
If you are looking for the belt that will last the longest, this is the most premium hide I've worked with and the most premium I offer in my shop. I make a very limited number of these per month, so grab one if you see this in stock!
- Width: 1.25 inches (slim width)
- Length: Cut to order. Not the same as pants or waist size. See sizing image.
- Thickness: 9oz – 10oz (3.6mm – 4mm). Full thickness shoulder or back cut from hide.
- Firmness: Stiffer strap that is wearable and comfortable on day one, but will soften with age. Body heat, sunlight, and oils from your hands will break-in the belt strap over time. Very long lasting and durable strap.
- Tannery: Hermann Oak in St. Louis, MO
- Solid Brass Buckle & chicago screws. Choose from natural brass or nickel plated brass
- Deep black color
- Handmade belt loop “keeper”
- Beveled, waxed, and polished edges. Smooth finish, no raw or fuzzy edges
- Standard five holes punched (optionally add 1 smaller and 1 larger hole)
- Stamped with “Made in the USA” on the back