Full grain leather belt handmade in the USA (St. Louis, MO). This is a burgundy dyed strap of English Bridle leather, cut 1.5” standard width, length cut to order, and thickness is left as the full 10-12oz. Sourced from the Wickett & Craig tannery in Pennsylvania, this is leather that ages very well! The edges start off glassy with a clear view of the interior leather fibers. Over time, with body heat and the oils from your hands, the burgundy color will become a bit deeper, the leather will soften slightly, and the polished edges will become even smoother. Works well as a men’s or women’s leather belt. See sizing guide image for correct measurement instructions.
- Width: 1.5 inches
- Length: Cut to order. Not the same as pants or waist size. See sizing image.
- Thickness: 10oz – 12oz (4mm – 4.6mm). Full thickness shoulder or back cut from hide.
- Firmness: English Bridle Leather is a little different than regular bridle. English Bridle needs a little less time to "break-in" and won't have the same "squeaky" attributes on day one. Starts out stiff/firm but easily breaks in over time with oils from your hands, sunlight, and body heat. Eventually becomes soft and supple with lots of strength. This will be a long lasting strap.
- Tannery: Leather hide sourced from the Wickett & Craig tannery in Pennsylvania.
- Solid Brass Buckle & Chicago Screws. Choose from natural brass or nickel plated brass
- Burgundy color, deepens with age.
- Handmade belt loop “keeper”
- Beveled, waxed, and polished edges. Smooth finish, no raw or fuzzy edges
- Standard five holes punched (optionally add 1 smaller and 1 larger hole)
- Proudly stamped with “Made in the USA” on the back
Excellent product; great communicatons from company. no hesitation to recommend
I wanted another English bridle belt so, this time, I chose Noble Buffalo mostly for two reasons. 1. It is handmade 100 miles from me in the St Louis area. 2. I chose this leather mostly because it was the thickest leather they had on the website and I wanted a thick 1.25" wide belt. By the way, they have an outstanding website for ordering a belt. I have only worn it 5-6 times so far. I am very pleased with the belt. It seems to be about the same price and quality as other English bridle leather belts that I have. Two suggestions: I did ordered the extra two holes punched in the belt (7 holes instead of 5) - a 7 hole punch should be standard anyway instead of 5 holes. And, there is only a USA stamped on the back of the belt - They should also stamp their logo and contact info. I would certainly order another Noble Buffalo product. Quality is paramount for me, and this is high quality.
You can't buy this quality in any store near me. Fits perfectly and feels so soft and smooth. I will be back for more!
1.5" Burgundy Leather English Bridle Belt - Brass Buckle