This is the "Missouri Belt". The raw cowhide is tanned on the Saint Louis Mississippi riverfront by Hermann Oak (one of the oldest tanneries in the United States). Hermann Oak has been tanning leather in St. Louis, MO since the 1800s. They originally set up shop to supply harness leather to the wagon trains following the Lewis and Clark trails. They are still there, still family owned, and still making the strongest leather. After tanning, the belt strap is cut/finished/assembled by Noble Buffalo also in Saint Louis.
If you are looking for the belt that will last the longest, this is the most premium hide I've worked with and the most premium I offer in my shop. I make a very limited number of these per month, so grab one if you see this in stock! Also the thickness leather I offer, coming in at 5mm to 5.5mm which is a 12-14oz leather. This leather should last for many decades.
- Width: 1.5 inches (standard)
- Length: Cut to order. Not the same as pants or waist size. See sizing image.
- Thickness: 12oz – 14oz (5mm – 5.5mm). Full thickness shoulder or back cut from hide.
- Firmness: Very Firm. Soften with leather balm and apply as often as needed.
- Leather Notes: Full grain on the exterior side, smooth pasted back on the interior. English Bridle accepts leather balm very well. Recommended to treat with leather balm to keep a glossy finish.
- Tannery: Hermann Oak in St. Louis, MO
- Solid Brass Buckle & chicago screws. Choose from natural brass or nickel plated brass
- Deep black color
- Handmade belt loop “keeper”
- Beveled, waxed, and polished edges. Smooth finish, no raw or fuzzy edges
- Standard five holes punched (optionally add 1 smaller and 1 larger hole)
- Stamped with “Made in the USA” on the back
My order for this 1.5" Black Leather Belt was filled and shipped just as explained in the web site. I did the measurement just as was told and the belt fit perfect. I have 2 holes on either side of the buckle. I do recommend getting the square buckle with the roller as it keeps the belt flat and looking new. Great quality - might be the last black belt that I'll have to purchase! I would defiantly recommend Ben and Noble Buffalo for his fine work and integrity. I lover American products.
I’m 67 years old, and this is the best quality belt, that I have ever owned. Made right here in the good old U.S. of A!
USA made, solid leather. Strong hardware with clean and classic look. I wear this belt everyday with a shirt and tie. Little tough at first but softens up as you wear it, just like they stated. I read this site top to bottom and followed their measuring recommendations. I bought 2 belts and everything was 100% perfect.
Thank you for that awesome review Dave! That Hermann Oak leather ages and softens nicely over the first several months. Like a new pair of boots. Thanks again for your business!
Great looking belt. Size perfect. Arrived fast.
Will order again.
Thank you for the feedback Lisa! Glad you like the belt and we got the sizing perfect!
I’m very happy with my purchase!