New Color! This is the "Missouri Belt". The raw cowhide is tanned on the Saint Louis Mississippi riverfront by Hermann Oak (one of the oldest tanneries in the United States). Hermann Oak has been tanning leather in St. Louis, MO since the 1800s. They originally set up shop to supply harness leather to the wagon trains following the Lewis and Clark trails. They are still there, still family owned, and still making the strongest leather. After tanning, the belt strap is cut/finished/assembled by Noble Buffalo also in Saint Louis.
If you are looking for the belt that will last the longest, this is the most premium hide I've worked with and the most premium I offer in my shop. I make a very limited number of these per month, so grab one if you see this in stock! Also the thickness leather I offer, coming in at 5mm to 5.5mm which is a 12-14oz leather. This leather should last for many decades.
- Width: 1.5 inches (standard)
- Length: Cut to order. Not the same as pants or waist size. See sizing image.
- Thickness: 12oz – 14oz (5mm – 5.5mm). Full thickness shoulder or back cut from hide.
- Firmness: Very Firm. Soften with leather balm and apply as often as needed.
- Leather Notes: Full grain on the exterior side, smooth pasted back on the interior. English Bridle accepts leather balm very well. Recommended to treat with leather balm to keep a glossy finish.
- Tannery: Hermann Oak in St. Louis, MO
- Solid Brass Buckle & chicago screws. Choose from natural brass or nickel plated brass
- Natural Tan (lightly tanned color, full natural grain showing through). Develops a very nice patina and darkens over the years. Darkens with exposure to sunlight and oils from your hand.
- Handmade belt loop “keeper”
- Beveled, waxed, and polished edges. Smooth finish, no raw or fuzzy edges
- Standard five holes punched (optionally add 1 smaller and 1 larger hole)
- Stamped with “Made in the USA” on the back
This belt is made awesome,
I needed a new belt for jean and casual wear. Found one from Noble Buffalo. I love it. Fantastic!
I needed a new good looking belt for jeans and casual slacks. I'm so pleased I found Noble Buffalo. My new belt is fabulous. Will definitely purchase again.
I purchased this belt as a gift for my husband. The belt arrived quickly, was packaged well, and is made of very high quality leather with excellent craftsmanship.